Are you looking for a natural way to improve your fertility and get yourself into the best physical and emotional state possible for conception? Or perhaps you would like to improve your chances of fertility treatment, afterall it is a big investment.
Getting pregnant is not just about getting the timing right or going through the motions of IVF; the mind can have a very powerful influence on the whole process of conception. Negative thoughts, emotions and behaviours can lead to increased anxiety and depression, getting in the way of your goal of conceiving. I’m sure you are aware that stress plays havoc with fertility and even the stress of infertility treatments can block their effectiveness, as evidenced by many anecdotes about couples conceiving children after the failure of assisted reproduction. It’s frustrating to keep hearing “just relax and it will happen”, but how on earth do you stay relaxed and positive during what can be one of the most stressful times of your life?
I use a number of techniques including visualisation and hypnotherapy. These techniques are so effective in preparing you mentally and physically for conception that they are used by the major fertility clinics in the UK and trials have shown that hypnotherapy can double the chance of IVF success.
What is The Fertile Body Method & how can it help fertility?
I can help you whether you are trying to conceive naturally or undergoing fertility treatment. I use techniques from The Fertile Body Method, a wonderful program developed by psychotherapist and clinical hypnotherapist Sjanie Wurlitzer from the Zita West Fertility Clinic in London.
The Fertile Body Method is mind body coaching that offers a holistic approach to fertility and guides and supports you on your journey. We have to take into account that your mind plays a huge part! We use mind-body therapeutic techniques such as hypnosis/guided imagery/relaxation to create an optimum state for inner change to occur.
Sessions are tailored for your individual needs, using a combination of hypnosis, solution focused therapy, cognitive behavioural approaches and other mind-body techniques. All of the techniques will enhance your physical wellbeing and mental and spiritual balance.
We can work through any emotions, experiences or fears that may be unconscious blockages to getting pregnant and I will teach you techniques to relax quickly, manage stress and gain control over unwanted emotions, giving you a toolbox to help and guide you through this difficult time.
How Can The Fertile Body Method Help?
- Reducing stress and increasing feelings of calm and relaxation
- Restoring physical, mental and emotional balance and wellbeing
- Balance can be restored through relaxation, positive cognitive changes, visualisation and changes to diet, exercise and lifestyle
- Restoring hormonal balance, regulating the natural balance in the autonomic nervous system, regulating and restoring healthy immune system function
- Creating balance in the body can be further enhanced by creating balance in thinking. Decreasing negative self talk and excessive worry will help restore emotional and physical balance and ensure that these changes are maintained.
- Identifying and resolving issues which may be preventing conception (unconscious or conscious resistance).
- to make necessary changes to lifestyle, diet, smoking, alcohol and exercise habits
- to feel confident and ready for parenthood
- to improve intimacy and sexual relationship (for natural conception)
- restore menstrual health, or sperm mobility and count
- prepare for IVF or other fertility treatment.
- Teaching self help tools that continue to enhance fertility
- To maintain the changes they have made
- Supporting the couple if they do conceive, to help carry the baby to full term
- Supporting the couple if treatment fails
- Restoring self esteem and self worth
- Working through emotions e.g. anger, jealousy, guilt, stress, anxiety and depression
- Building coping skills and developing inner resources
- Ensuring their needs are being met
- Increasing sexual Intimacy and affection
- Restoring trust in one’s body
- Reducing the negative effects of fertility treatment medication
- Restoring the body to good health after medical treatments
- Providing emotional support and an opportunity to talk openly
- Processing any death and loss
- Coming to terms with infertility